Roasted red peppers have such an intense flavour, that they are a great healthy way to add lots of flavour to a dish without adding too many extra calories. This Roasted Red Pepper Pasta dish is ready in just 12 minutes and makes great leftovers too.
I am continuing with the quick and easy recipes this week, and wow do I have some good things in store for you. Roasted red pepper spaghetti has to be one of my favourite quick and filling meals, and just a little bit of goats cheese on top goes a long way. You could always leave it out to make a totally vegan dish though.
If you want to be kept up to date on my new healthy and delicious recipes like this, then please subscribe to the blog mailing list (it takes 30 seconds) and you will get sent the new recipes straight to your inbox. Your email address won’t be passed on to anyone and you will never be spammed. Click here to sign up
Since being a vegetarian again, I must admit that we are eating a lot more pasta. It’s just a really easy vegetarian dish and there is so much you can do with it. We used to be really boring with our pasta toppings, but this time we are trying to do something different every time, so be on the look out for lots more healthy pasta dishes from me in the new year.
How to make this Roasted Red Pepper Pasta:
Roasted Red Pepper Pasta
- 140 g wholewheat spaghetti
- 2 Roasted Red Peppers
- 100 ml passata
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 6 shallots, diced
- 1 pinch sea salt and black pepper
- 60 g goats cheese
- Add the spaghetti to a pan of boiling water and simmer for 12 minutes.
- Add a little oil to a pan and gently cook the shallots and garlic. Once cooked, add them to a blender with the passata, salt and pepper and roasted red pepper and blend until smooth. Add it back to the pan and gently heat for 5 minutes.
- Once the spaghetti is cooked, drain it and the put it back in the pan and add the roasted red pepper sauce and stir well. Divide between bowls and crumble the goats cheese on top and sprinkle some black pepper over it all.
Let’s stay in touch!