Title: Lime Chicken Tacos
With trying to get back into a routine and catch up on work I have missed, I haven’t had a lot of time for cooking over the past 2 days. Therefore the slow cooker has been my best friend. If you haven’t got a slow cooker yet, you really should. Even though I do tend to use mine more in the winter, there are still plenty of things you can use it for in the summer.
Although this chicken was used for tacos, you can use it for anything. You can make a big batch of it for the week to add to salads or put in sandwiches as well.
Ingredients – Serves 6:
– 4 medium chicken breasts
– Juice of 2 limes
– 2 handfuls of chopped coriander (cilantro)
– 1 tbsp red chilli flakes
– 2 garlic cloves, crushed
– A pinch of sea salt and black pepper
1) Put everything in a slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
2) Once it is cooked, use 2 forks to pull it apart.
3) Serve with tortillas, peppers, salsa and avocado.
Nutritional Information – Per Person for just the slow cooked chicken:
Instagram: search the username hungryhealthyhappy