My obsession with Mexican food leads me to even eating it at breakfast and these breakfast burritos are the best way to add a little spice to your first meal of the day.
These are so easy to adapt, so if you want to add some meat to them you can, or if you want to make them vegan you can, and you can also easily adapt the spiciness of them to suit your own tastes. I personally go with the philosophy of the spicier the better, always I have sometimes lived to regret that!
If you want to be kept up to date on new recipes like this, then please subscribe to the blog mailing list (it takes 30 seconds) and you will get sent the new recipes straight to your inbox. Your email address won’t be passed on to anyone and you will never be spammed. Click here to sign up
I really don’t post enough breakfast recipes here on the blog and that’s just crazy as it is totally the best meal of the day. I mean, I have just gone 6-7 hours without food, so you know I am going to enjoy that meal. *edit – Dave have just told me that the biggest category in my recipes is breakfasts, so I guess I do post a lot of them*
I know everyone is probably saying it today, but how is it February already? We have gone through a whole month of 2016 already and soon it will be summer, not that summer getting here quickly is a bad thing. Actually, it is, as I still have lots of delicious warming comfort food recipes to share with you first.
January has been a really busy month for me with the realise of my book, Hungry Healthy Happy and this is another recipes from the book. If you haven’t got yourself a copy yet, then put in an order and discover over 100 recipes that will help you to nourish your body without giving up the food you love. You can order it on Amazon or in all good book stores.
I know a lot of people struggle with inspiration when it comes to breakfast, so I wanted to make sure that there were a lot of attention grabbing breakfast recipes in the book to show people that breakfast is so much more than boiled eggs or porridge.
How to make a Vegetarian Breakfast Burrito – Serves 4:
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 red peppers, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 4 large wholemeal tortilla wraps
- 200 g pinto beans, drained and cooked
- 4 portion salsa
- 50 g mature cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 2 tbsp coriander (cilantro), finely chopped
- 1 lime (Juice only)
- 1 red chilli chopped, to taste
- Make the guacamole by combining all the ingredients in a bowl. Set aside until needed.
- Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat, then add the red pepper and onion and cook gently for 3 minutes. Pour the eggs into the pan and scramble for 2-3 minutes, until only just firm. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Divide the wraps between 4 plates and spoon some of the egg mixture into the centre of each. Spoon over some beans, salsa, guacamole and cheese and fold each wrap over itself to form a burrito.
Let’s stay in touch!