Title: Thai Chicken Noodle Salad
When people think of salad, they usually think of lettuce with cucumber and tomatoes and that is why they get easily bored with salads. Think outside of the box – you don’t even need lettuce for a salad and a salad doesn’t have to be cold.
You may have noticed that I love salad. It is one of my favourite foods because it is so versatile, so I am experimenting with lots of different ones at the moment and this is how this plate of deliciousness came about.
If you don’t eat noodles, then you could just make extra vegetables, but the noodles give it much more substance. Next time I make this, I am going to make it with king prawns instead of chicken as I think it would go really well with it too.
Ingredients – Serves 2:
– 1 chicken breasts
– 1 nest of wholewheat noodles
– 2 carrots
– 2 courgettes (zucchini)
– 2 radishes, sliced
– 4 spring onions (scallions), sliced
– 3 garlic cloves
– 1 thumb sized piece of peeled ginger
– 1 lemon grass stalk
– 2 red chillies
– Juice of 2 limes
– 1 tbsp olive oil
– 1 tbsp paprika
– 2 handfuls of coriander (cilantro)
1) Put the garlic, ginger, lemon grass, chillies, lime juice, olive oil, paprika and half the coriander into a food processor and blend into a paste. If you don’t have a food processor, you can just chop everything very fine.
2) Cut the chicken into chunks and set aside.
3) Using a peeler, peel the carrots and courgette into strips.
4) Heat a little oil in a large pan and add the chicken and cook until ready (around 10 minutes). Once it is cooked, add the Thai paste and cook for 3 minutes. Take out of the pan and set aside.
5) Put your noodles into a pan of boiling water and cook for 5 minutes.
6) Put the pan back on the heat and add the carrots and courgette. Cook for 3 minutes.
7) Once everything is cooked, mix the carrots and courgettes with the drained noodles and put onto a plate and then top with the chicken. Sprinkle with the leftover coriander, radishes and spring onions.
You can make a some herby yoghurt to dollop on top by blending together some Greek yoghurt, red chilli and coriander.
Instagram: search the username hungryhealthyhappy