This Pumpkin Chilli is a hearty and protein packed chilli that is just what you need to warm you up on a cold autumn evening.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 500 g lean beef mince
- 1 small pumpkin, skin removed and cut in to small chunks
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 8 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 x 300g can of haricot beans
- 1 x 400g can of chopped tomatoes
- 4 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tbsp chipotle en abobo (less if you don't want it spicy)
- 1 pinch Sea salt and black pepper
- 0.5 tsp each of: cumin, paprika, ground coriander and dried oregano
Add the oil to a pan and once hot, add the onions, beef mince, mushrooms and pumpkin and cook gently for around 4 minutes until the beef has browned.
Add the rest of the ingredients and reduce to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
Serve with rice, guacamole and salsa (optional).
Serving: 1portion (chilli only) | Calories: 323kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 40g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 402mg | Potassium: 250mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 49% | Vitamin C: 9% | Calcium: 1% | Iron: 3%