Tomato and Garlic Chicken Curry
If you are looking for a new way to eat lean chicken breast, but you don't like spicy food, then give this Tomato and Garlic Chicken Curry a try.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time40 mins
Servings: 2 people
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 400 g Chicken breasts, cut in to chunks
- 1 Onion, diced
- 1 Thumb sized piece of ginger, grated
- 4 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp Ground cumin
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 0.5 tsp Red chilli flakes
- 1 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp Ground coriander
- 2 tbsp Tomato puree
- 400 g Chopped tomatoes
- 4 tbsp Greek yoghurt
- 1 Handful of fresh coriander, finely chopped
Add the olive oil to a large pan and add the onion, garlic and ginger and cook for 3 minutes until softened.
Add the chicken and cook for a further 3 minutes until browned.
Once the chicken is browned, add the red chilli flakes, cumin, turmeric, cinnamon and coriander to the pan and mix well and cook for 1 minute.
Add the chopped tomatoes and tomato puree and gently simmer for 20 minutes until the chicken it cooked through.
Stir through the Greek yoghurt and coriander before serving and serve with rice.
- If you like your curries spicier, add an extra sprinkle of chilli flakes before serving.
- Don't have all the different spices? Just use 2 tbsp of curry powder or curry paste instead. Or if you have Garam Masala, you can use that.
- Make the curry a little more indulgent by stirring some cream through just before serving.
- Add a portion of vegetables to this easy chicken curry by throwing in some chopped spinach a few minutes before the curry is finished.
- Don't like chicken? You could use any vegetables instead, or use tofu or king prawns.
- Try leftovers in a wrap with some grilled halloumi or on top of a baked potato.
- Why not halve the amount of chicken and add some chickpeas instead.
- Try stirring in some spinach a few minutes before serving for an iron boost.
Serving: 1portion | Calories: 386kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 26mg | Potassium: 321mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 700IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 100mg | Iron: 2.9mg