This Mushroom Omelette is a filling and protein packed meal, whether you have it for dinner or breakfast. Low on calories, but high on taste, this is light enough for a post workout snack option too.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 2 omelettes
- 4 Eggs
- 20 Mixed mushrooms
- 1 tbsp Milk
- 1 pinch Sea salt and black pepper
- 30 g Mature cheddar, grated
- 1 handful Flat leaf parsley
Crack the eggs in to bowl and add the milk and salt and pepper and lightly whisk.
Slice the mushrooms in to thin slices.
Add a tsp of oil in a pan and once hot add the mushrooms. Gently cook for 3 minutes until they have softened. Remove them from the pan and set aside.
Put the pan back on the heat and add the whisked eggs. Leave for around 5 seconds and then swirl the pan so that the whole surface is covered. Cook for around 30 second and then swirl the pan again and cook for another 60-90 second until the eggs have set.
Add the fillings to one half of the omelette.
Fold the other half on top and cook until the cheese has melted. Slide on to a plate and serve.
- Make sure you have all your fillings ready before you put the eggs in the pan. Omelettes cook quickly and you don't want the eggs to over cook whilst you are still chopping and shredding.
- Chop any fillings nice and small to avoid tearing the omelette when you fold it.
- Omelettes don't reheat well, so they are best served and eaten immediately.
- To cook the omelette, use a pan with slopped sides for ease of moving the mixture during cooking and also so you can slide it out when it has cooked. Make sure the pan isn't too big either, as the omelette will be too thin and split when folding.
- Bring the eggs to room temperature before cooking, as they will cook quicker.
- Choose eggs with a golden yolk for a really nice coloured omelette.
- Add some greens to your omelette by sprinkling some chopped spinach on at the same time as the herbs.
Serving: 1omelette | Calories: 279kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 327mg | Sodium: 166mg | Potassium: 860mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 3000IU | Vitamin C: 60.2mg | Calcium: 140mg | Iron: 4.3mg