Honey and Mustard Sausage and Potato Traybake
If you are looking for some family friendly comfort food that can all be done in one pan, then give this Sausage and Potato Traybake a try. It’s bursting with vegetables too
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time40 mins
Total Time50 mins
- 4 Vegetarian sausages
- 1 Small sweet potato, peeled and cut in to small wedges
- 6 Baby potatoes, washed and cut in to wedges
- 1 Red onion, peeled and cut in to chunks
- 2 Bell peppers, cut in to chunks
- 1 Small courgette, sliced
- 8 Cherry tomatoes
- 8 Chantenay carrots
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 2 tbsp Wholegrain Mustard
- 0.5 Lemon (juice only)
- 1 pinch Sea salt and black pepper
- 1 handful Fresh parsley
In a large bowl, add the potatoes, red onion, bell peppers, courgette, cherry tomatoes and carrots.
In a separate small bowl, mix together the olive oil, honey, mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Pout over the vegetables and mix well.
Add the vegetable mixture to a baking tray and put in a preheated oven at 190c for 20 minutes.
Take the tray out of the oven and place the sausages on top of the vegetables. Put the tray back in the oven for another 20 minutes.
Serve with a green salad, slaw and some hot sauce!
- Make sure all the ingredients are spread out in a single layer on the baking tray. If they are on top of each other, then the vegetables tend to steam, rather than roast, and stay quite soft rather than crispy. If you don't have one large baking tray, separate the mixture in to two smaller ones.
- Wanting to swap some of the vegetables for broccoli? Then don't put it in until you add the sausages to the pan, as it will over cook.
- Skip the gravy and serve with with some of our Homemade Healthier Ketchup instead.
Serving: 1portion | Calories: 503kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Sodium: 568mg | Potassium: 810mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 30g | Vitamin A: 24350IU | Vitamin C: 191.4mg | Calcium: 70mg | Iron: 2.3mg