French Bread Pizzas
For those moments when a pizza craving hits and you want something quick and easy, without having to call out for one to be delivered, we give you French Bread Pizza.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 200 g Granary French bread stick, cut in half then sliced down the middle
- 0.5 Courgette, halved lengthways then sliced
- 4 Mushrooms, sliced
- 0.5 Red pepper, diced
- 40 g Mature cheddar cheese
- 8 tbsp Tomato puree
- Oregano and black pepper
Slice the French bread into four quarters.
Spread 2 tbsp of tomato puree on each piece of bread.
Top with the vegetables and cheese and sprinkle with black pepper and oregano.
Put under the grill for 10 minutes.
- Get kids involved in making these by having the bread and toppings all prepared and letting them build their own pizza.
- This is a great opportunity to use up leftovers, so use any vegetables and cheese that need using up. Chopped spinach would be a great addition to this.
- Make these lower in calories by scooping out the bread insides and loading it with more vegetables.
Serving: 1pizza | Calories: 175kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 80mg | Potassium: 188mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 850IU | Vitamin C: 33mg | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 0.5mg