Spicy and crunchy vegetables are the star of this this Vegetable Fajita Grilled Cheese Sandwich. A great way to use leftovers and the perfect vegetable packed comfort food.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 2 people
- 2 Bell peppers (any colour), thinly sliced
- 0.5 White onion, thinly sliced
- 0.5 Courgette, thinly sliced
- 4 Mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 0.5 tsp each of paprika, cumin, garlic powder, mild chilli powder and ground coriander
- 1 pinch Sea salt and black pepper
- 4 Slices of wholemeal bread
- 40 g Mature light cheddar
- 4 tbsp Salsa
- Guacamole, salsa, sour cream and tortilla chips for serving (optional).
Heat a little oil in a pan and add the peppers, onion, courgette and mushrooms and gently cook for 5 minutes until softened.
Add the all the spices and salt and pepper, mix well and cook for a further 2 minutes.
Toast the bread and then spread two slices with salsa. Divide the vegetables between the two salsa slices and then top with the cheese.
Put until the grill for 3 minutes until the cheese has melted, put the other slice of toast on top and serve.
Serving: 1Sandwich | Calories: 337kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 1230mg | Potassium: 755mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 5750IU | Vitamin C: 264.8mg | Calcium: 330mg | Iron: 3.8mg