Roasted Creme Fraiche Potatoes with Watercress
Deliciously crisp Cornish new potatoes, creme fraiche instead of mayo, with some watercress and roasted peppers mixed through make this Roasted Creme Fraiche Potatoes with Watercress a game changer.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 6 people
- 750 g Cornish new potatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 0.5 Lemon (juice and zest)
- 4 tbsp Half fat creme fraiche
- 1 handful Fresh dill, chopped
- 2 handful Watercress
- 0.5 jar Roasted peppers
- 1 pinch Sea salt and black pepper
Put the potatoes in to a pan of boiling water and simmer for 10 minutes.
Drain and put in to a dish with the olive oil and mix well. Put the potatoes in to a preheated oven at 200°C for 25 minutes.
When cooked, pour in to a large bowl and add the creme fraiche, lemon juice and zest, watercress, roasted peppers and salt and pepper and mix well.
Transfer on to a serving dish and sprinkle with fresh dill.
- You can easily make this a vegan potato salad by using vegan creme fraiche (we like Oatly). You could of course use vegan mayo, but I think the vegan creme fraiche tastes much better than a mayo alternative. It's fresher.
- If you want to make this a little more indulgent, but with a lot of extra flavour, try adding chopped up cooked bacon. Bacon in potato salad is truly something special.
- This salad is best served still a little warm. The warm potatoes will wilt the watercress a little too.
Serving: 1portion | Calories: 194kcal | Carbohydrates: 82g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 3mg | Potassium: 37mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 150IU | Vitamin C: 23.9mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 0.2mg