Creamy Garlic Mushroom Pasta
The quicker a meal can be prepared, made and put on the table, the better! This Creamy Garlic Mushroom Pasta is exactly that.
Prep Time3 mins
Cook Time12 mins
Total Time17 mins
Servings: 2 people
- 150 g Whole wheat pasta
- 3 Shallots
- 4 Garlic cloves crushed
- 250 g Mushrooms sliced (any kind)
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- 30 g parmesan
- 6 tbsp Half fat creme fraiche
- 2 tbsp Fresh parsley chopped
- 0.5 lemon (zest only)
- Cracked black pepper
- Parsley (to serve)
Add the spaghetti to a pan of boiling water and simmer for 12 minutes.
Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the shallots, garlic and mushrooms and gently cook for 3 minutes.
Stir in the creme fraiche, parmesan and lemon zest, stir and simmer for a minutes.
Drain the pasta and top with mushroom sauce, black pepper and parsley.
- If you want to add some extra protein, you could grill some chicken, chop it up and stir it in to the finished sauce.
- Add some extra greens by stirring in some spinach a couple of minutes before the sauce is cooked.
- A little bit of truffle oil drizzled over the finished dish adds loads of extra flavour and makes it a bit more special.
- Make this recipe gluten free by swapping the spaghetti for your favourite gluten free pasta.
- Use a variety of mushrooms to add plenty of different textures and flavours.
- This dish is best made from fresh as the sauce can separate when defrosted and reheated.
Serving: 1portion | Calories: 441kcal | Carbohydrates: 72g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 28mg | Sodium: 289mg | Potassium: 817mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 660IU | Vitamin C: 26.9mg | Calcium: 284mg | Iron: 4.4mg