Carrot and Coriander Salad
This Carrot and Coriander Salad is a light and sweet salad that is delicious with a curry. A great way to add some extra vegetables to your meal.
Prep Time5 mins
Total Time5 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 8 Carrots, peeled and grated
- 3 Shallots, diced
- 2 Handfuls of fresh coriander (cilantro), chopped
- Juice of 1 lime (2 limes if the one you have is not very juicy)
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Sesame seed
- 1 tsp Cumin
- Sea salt and black pepper
Put the grated carrots in to a large bowl.
Add the shallots and chopped coriander.
Mix together the lime juice, olive oil, soy sauce, cumin and salt and pepper and pour over the carrot mixture. Add the sesame seeds.
Mix together and serve.
- If you're not a fan of coriander, you could swap it for fresh chopped parsley instead.
- If you want to make this more of a filling salad, then add some cooked brown rice or some quinoa.
- Make this side salad in to a full meal by following the above and then topping it with some grilled chicken breast or some cooked halloumi.
- Add a little bit of spice by sprinkling some red chilli flakes on top before serving.
- This salad is already fairly sweet from the carrots (even more so if they are freshly grown), but you could make it even sweeter by adding a drizzle of honey.
- Carrot salad with raisins - raisins (or even sultanas) are a great addition to this and it then goes really well with a chicken korma.
Serving: 1portion | Calories: 153kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 231mg | Potassium: 617mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 21750IU | Vitamin C: 24.8mg | Calcium: 70mg | Iron: 1.6mg