Prawn, Tomato and Coconut Curry
This creamy Prawn, Tomato and Coconut Curry is another one that is perfect for people that don't like spicy food and it's ready in under 15 minutes too. Plenty of flavour from the herbs and spices, but the coconut milk keeps it nice and mild.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time13 mins
Total Time18 mins
Servings: 2 people
- 1 Thumb sized piece of ginger, chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Pinch of coarse sea salt
- 1 tsp Red chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp Garam masala
- 0.5 Large onion, finely chopped
- 200 ml Light coconut milk
- 2 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 2 Tomatoes, chopped
- 200 g Frozen king prawns
- 80 g Spinach
Put the garlic, ginger, salt and chilli flakes in to a pestle and mortar and grind to a paste. Add the garam masala and mix well.
Add some oil to a large pan and add the onion. Gently cook for 3 minutes.
Add the spice paste, tomato puree, coconut milk and rest of the garam masala to the onion. Stir well and simmer for 5 minutes.
Add the cherry tomatoes, prawns and spinach and stir well. Cook for a further 5 minutes and serve with rice.
- If you don't like coconut then you could use creme fraiche instead.
- Don't have any spinach? Other greens like kale or Swiss chard would work, but you would need to cook them a little longer.
- If you aren't a fan of prawns, then try something like chunks of cod instead.
Serving: 1portion | Calories: 280kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 999mg | Potassium: 445mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 4150IU | Vitamin C: 31.4mg | Calcium: 80mg | Iron: 2.2mg