Spiced Lamb Flatbread
This Spiced Lamb Flatbread is kind of like a middle-eastern pizza. A soft and chewy homemade flatbread base topped with spiced lamb, tzatziki, herbs, feta and jewels of pomegranate.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time8 mins
Total Time13 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 4 portion Homemade flatbread dough rolled out in to one large flatbread and dry fried until puffed up or 1 store bought flatbread
- 4 tbsp Tzatziki
- 250 g Diced Welsh lamb
- 2 tbsp Ras-el-hanout
- 40 g Light feta cheese
- 2 tbsp Pomegranate jewels
- 0.25 cup Fresh mint, finely chopped
- 0.25 cup Fresh parsley, finely chopped
Put the lamb in to a food processor and pulse to form mince.
Heat a little oil in a pan and then add the lamb mince. Gently fry for 4 minutes.
Add the ras-el-hanout, mix well and cook for a further 2 minutes.
Roll out the flatbread dough to one big flatbread and then dry fry until it has puffed up. Spread a mixture of olive oil and chopped herbs on it and then put it under the grill for 1 minute.
Spread the tzatziki on the grilled flatbread.
Top it with the spiced minced lamb.
Add the crumbled feta, pomegranate and chopped herbs before serving.
- If you don't have a ras-el-hanout spice blend, then you can just make up your own spice blend with a mixture of the herbs and spices mentioned above.
- Serve these spiced lamb flatbreads with extra dips, olives and some crispy roasted potatoes.
- If you don't want to make your own flatbreads, a store bought one will work too.
- Try to use Welsh Lamb in this recipe, as you really can taste the difference.
Serving: 0.25full flatbreads | Calories: 325kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 318mg | Potassium: 34mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 500IU | Vitamin C: 7.4mg | Calcium: 80mg | Iron: 0.2mg