Mulled Apple Juice
This Mulled Hot Apple Drink tastes just like mulled cider, with all the festive spices, but without any of the alcohol (or as many calories).
Prep Time2 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time12 mins
Servings: 2 people
- 500 ml Apple Juice
- 1 Orange (cut into quarters)
- 12 Cloves
- 2 Cardamon pods crushed
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 2 Cinnamon sticks
- Grated nutmeg
Pour the apple juice into a pan and gently squeeze some of the juice from the orange quarters into the pan. Stud the orange quarters with the cloves and add to the pan with the rest of the ingredients (apart from the nutmeg).
Heat through until warm and serve in a mug with a little grated nutmeg on top.
- Make a non alcoholic mulled wine version by swapping the apple juice for non alcoholic red wine or grape juice.
- You can make an alcoholic cider version of this by using cider instead of apple juice.
- Give this drink a healthy boost by using Manuka honey.
- Use this recipe as a base and let your guests add their own rum or vodka, or keep it alcohol free.
Serving: 1glass | Calories: 168kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 1g | Sodium: 38mg | Potassium: 366mg | Sugar: 42g | Vitamin A: 100IU | Vitamin C: 142.7mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 0.5mg