We have combined some of our favourite festive flavours in to this lower sugar Christmas Chutney, along with some hidden vegetables so you can feel a little bit better about eating it alongside that cheeseboard this Christmas.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time35 mins
Cooling time30 mins
Total Time1 hr 15 mins
Servings: 20 people
- 400 g Plum tomatoes
- 1 Red pepper diced
- 4 Garlic cloves crushed
- 1 Onion diced
- 1 Small aubergine (eggplant) diced
- 20 Fresh cranberries
- 120 ml Malt vinegar
- 3 tbsp Honey
- 1 pinch Sea salt and black pepper
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Ground coriander
- 0.5 tsp each of cayenne pepper, ground ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg
Chop the red pepper, aubergine (eggplant) and onion into 1cm chunks. Mince the garlic and get the tomatoes ready.
Prepare the cranberries, honey, vinegar and seasoning.
Put the tomatoes, red pepper, aubergine (eggplant), onion and garlic in a pan.
Smash the tomatoes with a back of a spoon. Bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes. Add a little bit of water every 10 minutes if it gets too dry.
Add the rest of the ingredients to the pan, stir well and bring to the boil again.
Simmer for a further 10 minutes.
Leave to cool and pour in to a jar to store.
- The cayenne pepper is added for taste, so adjust it depending on how spicy you like things.
- This chutney will keep in the fridge for 5 days. But leftovers are great in sandwiches and burgers.
- You can swap the tinned tomatoes for fresh tomatoes, just add a bit more liquid.
- Weight Watchers SmartPoints: 1
Serving: 1portion | Calories: 20kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Sodium: 1mg | Potassium: 22mg | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 250IU | Vitamin C: 14mg