Healthy Peppermint Hot Chocolate
This lightened up Healthy Peppermint Hot Chocolate has less sugar than most. That hint of peppermint is sure to get you in the festive mood.
Prep Time1 min
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time11 mins
Servings: 2 people
- 400 ml Skimmed Milk
- 100 ml Light coconut milk
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 2 tbsp Cocoa powder
- 1 tsp Peppermint extract
- Whipped cream and candy canes to serve optional
Pour the Milk and coconut milk in to a saucepan and bring to the boil.
Stir in the remaining ingredients and turn down to a simmer for 5 minutes.
Pour in to mugs and serve.
- Use whipped cream and candy canes to make this hot chocolate a little more indulgent, or you can just leave them out.
- We used a mixture of skimmed milk and coconut milk, but you could use just skimmed milk to make this lower in calories.
- Want to keep this vegan? Use almond milk and swap the honey for maple syrup.
- Weight Watchers SmartPoints: 10
Serving: 1glass | Calories: 191kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 127mg | Potassium: 394mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 27g | Vitamin A: 410IU | Calcium: 251mg | Iron: 0.8mg