Creamy Courgette Soup (Zucchini Soup)
If you are looking for a light and filling soup that is low in calories, then this Creamy Courgette (Zucchini) Soup is for you. It is just 130 calories for a large bowl and can easily be made vegan too.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time25 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 1 tsp Vegetable oil
- 5 Medium courgettes, diced
- 750 ml Vegetable stock
- 2 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 5 g Fresh chives finely chopped
- 1 Small brown onion diced
- 1 pinch Sea salt and black pepper
- 4 tbsp Half fat creme fraiche
Heat the oil in a large soup pan and then add the onion, garlic and courgette. Gently cook for 5 minutes, stirring every so often.
Add the vegetable stock and chives to the pan and gently simmer for 15 minutes.
Blend the soup until smooth and stir in the creme fraiche.
Serve in bowls with a dollop of creme fraiche and chives for serving.
- If the soup is too thin and watery, you can thicken it with a flour slurry. Mix equal parts plain flour and water (say 2 tbsp of each) in a cup and then mix that in to the soup until you get desired thickness.
- Chives work well with this courgette soup as they have a nice onion flavour, but you could use basil, mint or parsley instead.
- You could use plain yoghurt or cream instead in this zucchini soup if you don't have any creme fraiche.
- Use shallots instead of onion for a sweeter flavour.
- If you want to give this soup a flavour boost, then roast the courgettes before adding to the pan.
Serving: 1bowl | Calories: 68kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1mg | Potassium: 21mg | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 200IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 0.2mg