Ultimate Breakfast Sandwich
Think of all your favourite breakfast ingredients - fluffy eggs, avocado, tomatoes, bacon and bread all brought together between two slices of fresh bread. This is The Ultimate Breakfast Sandwich!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 2 sandwiches
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp skimmed milk
- 10 g mature cheddar grated
- 30 g spinach finely chopped
- 4 rashers bacon grilled
- 1 tomato sliced
- 0.5 avocado mashed
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp ketchup
Mash the avocado and set aside.
Whisk the eggs with the milk and then stir in the cheese and spinach.
Heat a little oil in a frying pan and add the egg. Gently cook for about 3-4 minutes until the egg is cooked. Fold in half and then slice in half.
Put the bacon under the grill and cook for 2-3 minutes each side.
Start assembling the sandwiches by toasting the bread.
Spread the mashed avocado over 2 of the slices of bread and add the tomato.
Top with the cooked egg.
Drizzle ketchup over the other slice of bread.
- You can either use slices of bread from a loaf, or make this with English muffins, bagels or croissants.
- We mixed cheese in to the omelette, however you could skip that and add a slice of cheese when stacking up the sandwich.
- You can freeze these sandwiches, but we would recommend leaving out the mashed avocado and tomato and adding them fresh before eating.
- Make these vegetarian by swapping the bacon for cooked vegetarian sausages.
Serving: 1sandwich | Calories: 693kcal | Carbohydrates: 83g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 35g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 198mg | Sodium: 1140mg | Potassium: 811mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 2325IU | Vitamin C: 17.7mg | Calcium: 153mg | Iron: 6.4mg