Slow Cooker Baked Beans
If you are looking for something healthy and filling on a budget, then give these Slow Cooker Baked Beans a try!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time8 hrs
Soaking time8 hrs
Total Time8 hrs 5 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 200 g Dried cannellini (haricot) beans, soaked overnight and drained
- 1 tbsp Onion powder
- 1 tbsp Garlic granules
- 500 g Passata
- 500 ml Vegetable stock
- 3 tbsp Maple syrup
- 1 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp Tomato puree
- 2 tsp Mustard powder
- 1 tsp Smoked paprika
- 1 pinch Sea salt and black pepper
Put all of the ingredients into a large slow cooker and mix well.
Cook on high for 8 hours, until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Use a mixture of dried beans like cannellini, haricot and chickpeas.
- Make flavoured baked beans by adding BBQ sauce or curry powder.
- Use these baked beans to fill out bolognese or shepherd's pie or on top of toast or baked potatoes.
- Make these baked beans more indulgent by adding some cooked chopped bacon with all the rest of the ingredients.
Serving: 1portion | Calories: 263kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 1g | Sodium: 559mg | Potassium: 1567mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 1190IU | Vitamin C: 14.5mg | Calcium: 168mg | Iron: 8mg