cheesy baked broccoli bites
We could all do with finding ways to get more vegetables in to our diet and these little cheesy baked broccoli bites are the best way. Crispy, cheesy and comforting, but packed with broccoli too.
Prep Time2 mins
Cook Time28 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 300 g Broccoli, chopped
- 3 slices Wholemeal bread, blended into bread crumbs
- ½ Onion, finely diced
- 60 g Mature Cheese
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Dried oregano
- 1 pinch Sea salt and black pepper
Add the broccoli to a pan of boiling water and simmer for 3 minutes. Drain and then add to a large bowl and mash until very fine.
Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl and mix well.
Take out 1 tbsp at a time and roll in to a small sausage and repeat until you have 20.
Place on a lined or oiled baking sheet and cook in a preheated oven at 200°C/400°F for 25 minutes until they start to crisp up. Serve with your favourite dip.
- Use a mixture of broccoli and cauliflower, or just cauliflower to change things up.
- You can stick to just mature cheddar, or you can use a mixture of cheddar, parmesan and mozzarella.
- Roll these in to balls, bake and then stir in to pasta sauce for some vegetarian meatballs.
- Get creative with the flavours! If you like things spicy, then add some Mexican seasoning.
- Weight Watchers Smart Points: 1
Serving: 5"bites" | Calories: 178kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 97mg | Sodium: 234mg | Potassium: 363mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 14.7% | Vitamin C: 82.3% | Calcium: 18.5% | Iron: 9.1%