Courgette (Zucchini) Pizza Bites
These Courgette Pizza Bites have all the delicious cheesy and tomatoey toppings of a pizza, but sat on top of little discs of courgette (zucchini), rather than dough.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time10 mins
Servings: 2 people
- 1 Jumbo courgette (at least 3" diameter, or use 2 medium sized), cut in to circles
- 10 tbsp Chopped tomatoes (canned)
- 40 g Mature cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp Dried oregano
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 15 Basil leaves, finely chopped
Put the courgette slices on a baking tray and spray with a little oil. Put them under the grill for 2 minutes each side.
Take them out of the grill and add one tbsp of chopped tomatoes to each circle.
Sprinkle over the garlic and oregano.
Add the cheese.
Sprinkle the basil on top.
Put them back under the grill for 3 minutes, until the cheese bubbles.
- If you don't like courgette, then you can use aubergine (eggplant), tomatoes or portobello mushrooms as the base instead.
- These little bites can't handle too many toppings due to their size, but some finely chopped onions, spinach or chorizo under the cheese works well.
- We used cheddar cheese, but try some parmesan or goats cheese instead.
- Serve them with homemade potato wedges for a filling meal.
Serving: 5pizza bites | Calories: 111kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 1mg | Potassium: 17mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 6% | Vitamin C: 2% | Calcium: 1% | Iron: 1%