Healthy Tomato Ketchup
Ketchup is usually the first sauce that people reach for to cover their burger or hot dog, and we have a lower sugar and salt Healthy Tomato Ketchup for you that is really easy to make at home.
Prep Time2 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time17 mins
Servings: 12 servings
- 125 ml Passata
- 6 tbsp Tomato puree
- 60 ml Water
- 60 ml Apple cider vinegar (you can use white wine vinegar)
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 0.5 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 pinch Sea salt and black pepper
- You can make this ketchup vegan by swapping the honey for maple syrup. You could also not sweeten it at all, but a little sweetness goes a long way in this recipe.
- This recipe will keep in a sterilised bottle in the fridge for a couple of weeks.
- Fancy a flavours ketchup? Try adding some curry powder, chilli powder or even some roasted garlic to the recipe.
Serving: 1tbsp | Calories: 19kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Sodium: 9mg | Potassium: 84mg | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 95IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 3mg | Iron: 0.3mg