Mediterranean Roasted Butternut Squash Salad
This Mediterranean Roasted Butternut Squash Salad just might be THE salad to prove that salads don't have to be boring. Instead of the flavours of the butternut squash, feta, olives and sundried tomato all competing against each other, they compliment each other in a flavour packed salad.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time35 mins
Servings: 2 people
- 400 g butternut squash cubed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 0.5 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 pinch sea salt and black pepper
- 300 g mixed lettuce
- 1 lemon (juice only)
- 10 olives
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes chopped
- 30 g Džiugas cheese shaved
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
Chop the butternut squash into 2cm cubes.
Put the cubed squash into a bowl and mix with 1 tbsp oil, herbs, spices and salt and pepper.
Put on a baking tray and spread out.
Roast in a preheated oven at 180C for 30 minutes.
Put the salad leaves in a bowl and dress with the lemon juice, remaining oil and vinegar.
Transfer the salad to a serving bowl and top with the roasted butternut squash, sun-dried tomatoes, olives and cheese.
- We used a mixture of baby gem, rocket (arugula) and watercress as the base of this salad, but you could add spinach and kale for an added vitamin boost.
- If you want some added crunch on your salad, then a sprinkling of pine nuts or chopped pecans would work well.
- Serve with roasted leg of lamb, grilled chicken or steak.
- Weight Watchers Pro Points: 8
Serving: 1portion | Calories: 281kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 597mg | Potassium: 1003mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 21510IU | Vitamin C: 72.9mg | Calcium: 320mg | Iron: 3.2mg