Italian Chopped Salad
This Italian Chopped Salad is basically all of your favourite fresh Italian flavours, topped with delicious Parma Ham.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time35 mins
Total Time45 mins
Servings: 6 people
- 50 g Rocket (arugula) lettuce
- ½ head Romaine lettuce, finely chopped
- 75 g Spinach, finely chopped
- 6 New potatoes, quartered
- 1 Orange bell pepper, diced
- 10 Cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ Orange, diced
- ½ Grapefruit, diced
- 2 tbsp Pine nuts
- 4 tbsp Sultanas
- 15 g Parmesan, grated
- 6 slices Parma Ham
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 3 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 1 Lemon (juice only)
- 2 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 pinch Sea salt and black pepper
- ½ bunch Fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Dried oregano
Put the potatoes in a pan of boiling water and par-boil for 5-6 minutes. Drain and then put in a baking tray with a tsp of oil and put in a preheated oven at 200°C for 35 minutes.
In a large bowl, add the rocket, spinach, romaine, bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, orange, grapefruit.
In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, salt, pepper, garlic, basil and oregano.
Pour the dressing over the chopped salad in the bowl and add the pine nuts and sultanas.
Mix the salad well.
Serve in a bowl and top with the parmesan and Parma Ham.
- Add a little extra saltiness by topping this Italian Chopped Salad with some olives.
- Make a big batch of this and keep it in your fridge for easy side dishes or work lunches throughout the week.
- Finish the dish with some shaved parmesan or crumbled goats cheese.
- Try chopped the Parma Ham up and frying it to add some crispiness to the salad.
Serving: 1portion | Calories: 250kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 394mg | Potassium: 478mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 4150IU | Vitamin C: 71mg | Calcium: 210mg | Iron: 2.5mg