Courgette Risotto with Parma Ham
A creamy and comforting risotto recipe with simple, but bold, flavours. This Courgette Risotto with Parma Ham is special enough to impress a dinner date, but also an easy weeknight meal. A great way to use up a glut of courgettes and topped with delicious Parma ham.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time35 mins
Servings: 2 servings
- 160 g Risotto (arborio) rice
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 4 Shallots, diced
- 1 Celery rib, diced
- 2 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 Rosemary sprigs, finely chopped
- 1 Medium courgette, diced
- 800 ml Vegetable stock
- 200 ml White wine
- 1 pinch Sea salt and black pepper
- 1 Lemon (juice only)
- 4 tbsp Half fat creme fraiche
- 2 tbsp Pine nuts
- 30 g Parmesan, shaved
- 6 slices Parma Ham
Heat the oil in a large pan and then add the garlic, shallots, celery and rosemary and gently cook for 3 minutes.
Add the risotto rice and cook for 1 minute.
Add the courgette, stir and cook for a further 1 minute.
Pour the wine, lemon juice and a ladle of the stock in to the pan and gently simmer until the liquid is nearly gone. Keep adding ladles of stock one at a time and letting it reduce until you have used the stock and the rice is cooked - this will take around 30-35 minutes.
Stir the creme fraiche into the risotto and then spoon in to a bowl. Top with Parma Ham, Parmesan and pine nuts.
- Try chopping the Parma Ham up and frying it for a minute to sprinkle crispy Parma Ham on top of your courgette risotto.
- You can use any cold leftovers to make arancini.
- If you don't want to use white wine, you can just swap it for the same amount of vegetable stock.
- Swap the courgette with aubergine, pumpkin or butternut squash for a seasonal twist.
- For even more creaminess in this risotto, add the rind of the parmesan to the pan and take out just before serving.
Serving: 1portion | Calories: 677kcal | Carbohydrates: 77g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 971mg | Potassium: 303mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 150IU | Vitamin C: 19.8mg | Calcium: 200mg | Iron: 0.9mg