Sweet Potato Fries
If I had to choose my favourite food to eat, sweet potato fries would be high on the list. Make them lighter by cooking them in the oven with this fool-proof method.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time35 mins
soaking time10 mins
Total Time40 mins
Servings: 2 servings
- 400 g sweet potato
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pinch sea salt and black pepper
- 2 tbsp cornstarch/corn flour
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
Cut the sweet potatoes into fries about 15mm thick.
Soak the fries in a bowl of water for 10 minutes. Dry with a towel.
Place the soaked and dried potatoes in a large bowl and add the oil, cornstarch, garlic and parsley and mix well.
Place them on to a baking tray and spread out so there is enough space between the fries.
Five: Put them in a preheated oven at 200C for 15 minutes. Flip the fries and then cook for a further 20 minutes, or until crispy. Sprinkle with salt and pepper before serving.
- To get crispy fries, soak them in water first and make sure they are dried well.
- Mix cornstarch with your seasoning for extra crispy fries.
- It's important to make sure you don't put too many fries in one pan, so space them out.
- Get creative with the seasoning. A Cajun or Mexican blend seasoning would work well.
Serving: 1portion | Calories: 328kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 133mg | Potassium: 695mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 28375IU | Vitamin C: 5.8mg | Calcium: 69mg | Iron: 1.4mg