Cranberry Orange Muffins
These Cranberry Orange Muffins are a tasty afternoon treat for this cold season and we have made ours lighter and lower in calories.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time40 mins
Servings: 12 muffins
- 220 g All purpose flour
- 115 g Butter
- 25 g Hermesetas Granulated Sweetener
- 2 Medium eggs
- 120 g 0% Greek yoghurt
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Ground ginger
- 1 Orange (zest and juice)
- 3 tbsp Almond milk (you can use any milk though)
- 100 g Dried cranberries
- 50 g Dark chocolate chips
Preheat your oven to 200°C/390°F and grease a 12 hole muffin tin.
In a stand mixer, or a large bowl, beat the butter and Hermesetas Granulated Sweetener together until creamy and well mixed.
Add the yoghurt, eggs and vanilla and beat.
Add the orange zest, orange juice and milk and mix gently.
In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and salt.
Pour the wet ingredients in to the dry ingredients and mix well.
Add the cranberries and dark chocolate chips and mix well.
Divide the batter between the muffin tin and put in the oven for 30 minutes.
- You could use fresh cranberries instead of dried, but it might change the texture a little.
- The dark chocolate chips in these muffins do make them sweet, but you could easily leave them out.
- Mix things up a bit and swap the cranberries for dried cherries or sultanas.
- Try using white chocolate chips instead of dark.
Serving: 1muffin | Calories: 205kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 40mg | Sodium: 319mg | Potassium: 20mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 350IU | Vitamin C: 3.3mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 0.4mg