Slow Cooker Hidden Vegetable Pasta Sauce
This slow cooker hidden vegetable pasta sauce has the vegetables all blended up in to it, so you won't even know there are there.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time4 hrs
Total Time4 hrs 5 mins
Servings: 8 portions
- 1 Small aubergine, diced
- 2 Bell peppers, diced
- 2 Carrots, diced
- 1 Courgette (zucchini), diced
- 1 Leek, sliced
- 4 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 800 g Chopped tomatoes
- 6 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 200 ml Vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp Dried oregano
- 1 pinch Sea salt and black pepper
- 8 portion Cooked pasta
- Rocket (arugula) and shaved parmesan to serve (Optional)
Put all of the ingredients in to a food processor using the chopping attachment and chop them up. You can chop by hand, but a food processor will save you time.
Put all of the ingredients, including the chopped vegetables (except the pasta, rocket and parmesan), in your slow cooker bowl and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6 hours.
Leave the sauce to cool and then pour it in to food processor in small batches and blend the sauce until smooth, or leave chunks if you prefer.
Mix half the sauce in to the cooked pasta and serve with rocket and shaved parmesan
- Get creative and use a selection of different vegetables based on personal preference, season or what you have in the fridge.
- If you don't want just vegetables, then top the dish with grilled chicken or salmon before serving.
- This sauce would go well with rice or on a baked potato too.
Serving: 1serving - sauce only | Calories: 88kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 1g | Sodium: 112mg | Potassium: 134mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 85% | Vitamin C: 87% | Calcium: 2% | Iron: 4%