Thai Yellow Curry
This fresh and vibrant Thai Yellow Curry is bursting with flavour and has lots of added vegetables - a much healthier alternative to ordering Thai food, and cheaper too.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 3 small red chillies
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 large shallot
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp galangal
- 1 lemon grass stalk
- 3 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 tsp coriander
- 0.5 tsp coriander seeds
- 0.5 tsp cumin seeds
- 0.5 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 200 g chicken breasts, cut in to very small chunks
- 8 charlotte potatoes, quartered then boiled until cooked
- 12 baby corn, halved
- 2 handful green beans, halved
- 16 button mushrooms, halved
- 0.5 onion, diced
- 325 ml light coconut milk
- 250 ml water
- 1 stock cube
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
Make the paste by adding the coriander seeds and cumin seeds to a wok over a low heat and dry fry for 60 seconds. Add to a pestle and mortar and smash until it is a fine powder.
For all the other paste ingredients, make sure it is all chopped up very, very, VERY small and then add it to the pestle and mortar and pound for around 10 minutes until it is a paste.
Add the oil to a large wok over a low heat and add the curry paste and cook for 60 seconds.
Add 3 tbsp of the coconut milk and stir.
Add the small chicken chunks and cook for 5 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and add the potato and onion.
Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for 5 minutes.
- If you are not a fan of chicken, you could use king prawns or tofu instead. Or flake in some cooked salmon chunks before serving.
- Keep this curry vegetarian by swapping the meat for extra vegetables.
- Love your curry super spicy? Use another red chilli when making the paste.
- You can make the paste ahead of time and keep it in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Serving: 1portion | Calories: 440kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 64mg | Sodium: 1446mg | Potassium: 1669mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 815IU | Vitamin C: 91.7mg | Calcium: 61mg | Iron: 4.2mg