Salads don't get much crunchier than this Asian Slaw! It is bursting with vegetables, but it is far from boring. Zesty lime juice, fresh mint and coriander, salty soy sauce, a kick of chilli and some sweetness from the honey bring together the carrot, cabbage and apple for a vibrant side dish.
Prep Time5 mins
Total Time5 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 2 Carrots
- 0.5 Head of red cabbage
- 3 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp Ginger, peeled and finely chopped 1 apple
- 1 Lime (juice only)
- 0.5 cup Fresh mint and coriander
- 2 tbsp Reduced salt soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Sesame oil
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp Cashews, finely chopped
- 1 Red chilli sliced
Using the grater attachment of a food processor, feed the carrots, cabbage and apple through the food shoot and use the food pusher to make sure they all go through. You could thinly slice everything instead.
In a large bowl, mix together the garlic, ginger, lime juice, soy sauce, sesame oil and honey. Tip the grated vegetables in to the dressing and mix well.
Pour the dressed vegetables in to a bowl and top with the sesame seeds, chopped chilli and cashew nuts.
- If you don't like spicy food, leave the chilli totally out of this dish.
- This is intended as a side dish, but you could serve it with some grilled chicken or fish on top for a main meal.
- Make this salad vegan by using maple syrup instead of honey.
Serving: 1portion | Calories: 192kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 335mg | Potassium: 636mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 8865IU | Vitamin C: 122.7mg | Calcium: 130mg | Iron: 3.8mg