Parmesan Roasted Potatoes
These Parmesan Roasted Potatoes are a simple side dish that has taken the classic roast potato to the next level with some garlic, oregano and parmesan. Plenty of flavour, with a bit of crunch from the parmesan - perfect with chicken or salmon.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time40 mins
Total Time55 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 600 g new potatoes halved
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pinch sea salt and black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp oregano
- 20 g grated parmesan
Add the potatoes to a pan of boiling water and simmer for 10 minutes and drain.
Mix together the salt, pepper, garlic and oregano.
Put the oil in a baking dish and put in a preheated oven at 190C for 10 minutes to heat the oil.
Add the potatoes to the hot oil.
Add the garlic and herb blend, mix well and put in the oven and cook for 25 minutes.
Take out of the oven and sprinkle the parmesan over the potatoes and return to the oven for 5 minutes.
- Always heat the oil in the oven first. This means that when you add the potatoes, they start crisping up straight away.
- Change things up a bit and use a mixture of Italian herbs like oregano, rosemary and thyme.
- Keep these potatoes vegan by using a vegan parmesan alternative that melts well.
- Feel free to use much more garlic. The more the better!
- If making these potatoes ahead of time, make them up until the last step and then add the parmesan just before reheating.
Serving: 1portion | Calories: 208kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 86mg | Potassium: 672mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 85IU | Vitamin C: 30.3mg | Calcium: 117mg | Iron: 2.1mg