If you love the light and fresh flavours of fish tacos, then you are going to love these easy Salmon Burritos. Flakes of spicy grilled salmon on top of a crunch avocado salad, all wrapped up in a tortilla with a creamy coriander sauce. A tasty dish to feed a crowd.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 2 people
- 2 salmon fillets
- 2 tbsp Mexican seasoning
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 little gem lettuces, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 lime (juice only)
- 2 spring onions (scallions), diced
- 1 pinch sea salt and black pepper
- 4 tbsp plain yoghurt
- 75 g coriander
- 2 tortillas
Sprinkle the Mexican seasoning on the salmon and then put the salmon fillets under the grill for 10 minutes until cooked.
In a large bowl, add the lettuce, avocado, tomato, lime juice, salt and pepper and mix well. In a small food processor, blend the yoghurt and coriander together.
Spread the creamy coriander sauce on the tortillas.
Top with the salad.
Flake the salmon and put on top of the salad.
Wrap in to a burrito and serve.
- You could make these salmon burritos a little more filling by adding some cooked brown rice or roasted sweet potato.
- Add some spice to the creamy coriander sauce by blending some chipotle with it.
- We don't tend to eat fish with cheese, but some crumbled feta would be really good with this.
- Give these burritos a veggie boost by adding some roasted vegetables to the salad mix.
- You could swap the salmon for a white fish or prawns, or use chicken or tofu instead.
Serving: 1burrito | Calories: 535kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 43g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 98mg | Sodium: 554mg | Potassium: 2261mg | Fiber: 14g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 14020IU | Vitamin C: 54.8mg | Calcium: 207mg | Iron: 5.6mg