Anything goes with this Vegetable Mash and not only does it add lot of extra vitamins, but flavour and colour too. A great addition to the Christmas Day table!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time12 mins
Total Time22 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 200 g white potato peeled and cubed
- 100 g carrot peeled and cubed
- 100 g Butternut Squash peeled and cubed
- 100 g Parsnips peeled and cubed
- 100 g Swede peeled and cubed
- 100 g Sweet Potato peeled and cubed
- Milk and creamy cheese optional
Add the cubes of vegetables to a pan of boiling water and simmer for 10-12 minutes.
Drain the vegetables and put them in a bowl and mash until desired consistency.
Stir in the milk and cream cheese, if using, and serve.
- Feel free to use a mixture of vegetables, and you could even add some broccoli and cauliflower too.
- You don't have to make this mash creamy, but a little bit of milk and some cream cheese make it extra creamy and comforting.
- You can cook this on the hob, but it also cooks well in the microwave.
Serving: 1portion | Calories: 100kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 2g | Sodium: 42mg | Potassium: 628mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 10380IU | Vitamin C: 23.5mg | Calcium: 63mg | Iron: 2.3mg