Sweet Potato and Butternut Squash Soup
A creamy and comforting soup with just a hint of sweetness. This Sweet Potato and Butternut Squash Soup takes just 30 minutes to make in a VonShef Soup maker, so you have a healthy and filling meal in a flash. This is an easy take to work lunch, that you can just heat up and add some croutons.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time35 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 350 g sweet potatoes
- 500 g butternut squash
- 1 small onion
- 500 ml boiling water
- 2 garlic cloves
- 0.5 tsp ground coriander
- 0.5 tsp cumin
- 1 pinch sea salt and black pepper
- 0.5 tsp all spice
- 0.5 tsp ground ginger
- Fat free yoghurt, croutons and parsley to garnish (optional)
Chop the sweet potato, butternut squash and onion. Mince the garlic.
Pour the water into the VonShef Soup Maker and then add the vegetables and garlic. Stir with a non-metallic spoon.
Select the "Smooth" setting on the soup maker. The soup maker will heat and cook the veg and then blend to a smooth consistency. This will take 20-30 minutes.
Serve with croutons, parsley and a dollop of Greek yoghurt (all optional).
- Try adding a little bit of chilli for some extra flavour and warmth.
- If you really want to bring out the flavour of the vegetables, try roasting them first. This will increase the cooking time considerably though.
- Want some extra sweetness? Add a carrot too.
- Make a Thai version of this by adding some Thai curry paste.
Serving: 1portion | Calories: 148kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 3g | Sodium: 61mg | Potassium: 775mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 514% | Vitamin C: 37.4% | Calcium: 10.3% | Iron: 9.6%