Creamy Avocado Pasta
Creamy pasta sauce doesn't have to be unhealthy, and we have made a super creamy sauce by blending up some avocado and adding lemon and basil for extra flavour.
Prep Time2 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time12 mins
Servings: 2 people
- 120 g dried pasta
- 1 lemon (juice and zest)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 pinch sea salt and black pepper
- 1 avocado
- 60 ml water
- 10 g fresh basil, chopped
- 4 spring onions
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes optional
Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions (about 10-12 minutes)
Put the avocado, water, lemon, garlic, basil and salt and pepper in to a blender and blend until smooth.
Once the pasta is cooked, drain and stir in the avocado mix.
Transfer to bowls and sprinkle over spring onions and chilli flakes.
- Use any pasta you have in the cupboard that needs using, this sauce works with everything.
- Feel free to add more garlic, as you can never have too much.
- Add some protein to this dish by topping with some grilled chicken, salmon or prawns.
- Make an avocado carbonara by stirring some parmesan and cooked chopped bacon in to the sauce.
Serving: 1portion | Calories: 389kcal | Carbohydrates: 62g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 34mg | Potassium: 805mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 945IU | Vitamin C: 46mg | Calcium: 76mg | Iron: 2.4mg