Oven Baked Chicken Fajitas
Chicken Fajitas are a family favourite and great for feeding a crowd. They have just gotten easier, as these Oven Baked Chicken Fajitas are all thrown in to one pan and cooked in the oven. No need to stand over the hob - just let it cook away in the oven whilst you get all the accompaniments ready.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time30 mins
marinating time1 hr
Total Time40 mins
Servings: 2 people
- 300 g chicken breasts, cut in to chunks
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- Half a lime and coriander for serving
- Tortilla wraps, salsa, guacamole, sour cream and tortilla chips to serve (optional)
Chop all the vegetables into strips
Mix together the seasoning.
Put the chicken in a large bowl with the oil, chopped vegetables and seasoning and mix well. Put in the fridge for at least a couple of hours, but preferably over night.
Add the chicken and vegetables to a large oven-proof pan and put in a preheated oven at 200°C for 25-30 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
Squeeze the lime over the cooked dish and sprinkle with coriander. Serve with wraps and toppings.
- You don't have to use chicken in this. Swap the chicken for extra veggies, or use tofu, king prawns or steak strips.
- You could serve this on top of rice, or with tortilla wraps, salsa and guac.
- Try making your own fajita seasoning and store it in an air-tight container.
- For extra flavour, try marinating the chicken and vegetables over night.
Serving: 1portion (fajita mix only) | Calories: 329kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 96mg | Sodium: 274mg | Potassium: 1206mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 170.9% | Vitamin C: 283.4% | Calcium: 7% | Iron: 20.4%