Roasted Carrot Hummus
Hummus is a great snack when paired with some vegetables sticks and pita bread, but why not add some vegetables to it with this Carrot hummus! Some added vitamins and it makes it a wonderful vibrant orange colour too.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 8 people
- 400 g cannellini beans
- 2 tbsp olive oil (plus extra for drizzling)
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 0.5 lemon (juice only)
- 1 pinch sea salt and black pepper
- 6 small carrots
- 1 tsp harissa
- 1 tbsp ras-el-hanout
Peel and slice the carrots and put them in a baking tray with 1 tbsp of olive oil.
Put them in the oven at 200°C for 25 minutes until roasted.
Put all of the ingredients (apart from the ras-el-hanout and rest of the olive oil) in a food processor with the roasted carrots and blend until smooth.
Put the hummus in a bowl and drizzle with the rest of the olive oil and the ras-el-hanout.
- We used cannellini beans because it's what we had in the cupboard, but you can use chickpeas to keep it a more traditional hummus.
- You can use this recipe to make other kinds of vegetable hummus too, like beetroot or courgette.
- Feel free to experiment with flavours in this hummus - you could give it a Mexican twist by using Mexican seasoning.
- Serve the hummus with vegetable sticks and pita bread.
Serving: 1portion | Calories: 101kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 4g | Sodium: 148mg | Potassium: 172mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 153.1% | Vitamin C: 7.6% | Calcium: 5.9% | Iron: 8.7%