Pork and Apple Burgers
Try something different this burger night with these Pork and Apple Burgers. Lean and moist burgers with a hint of sweetness - they make a nice change from beef burgers.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time12 mins
Total Time17 mins
Servings: 2 people
- 1 apple
- 200 g lean pork mince
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 10 g panko bread crumbs
- 1 pinch sea salt and black pepper
- 2 burger buns
- 15 g mature cheddar melted
- Gherkins, rocket lettuce and burger sauce for topping (optional)
Grate the apple and then put in a clean tea towel and squeeze out any excess liquid.
Put the grated apple in a bowl with the pork mince, garlic, breadcrumbs and salt and pepper and mix well.
Form the burgers in to two patties.
Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan and then add the burgers. Cook for 6-7 minutes each side, until they are cooked through and no longer pink inside.
Once the burgers are cooked, grate the cheese on top and melt.
Put the burgers on the buns with rocket lettuce, gherkins and burger sauce. Serve with salad and fries.
- Add some extra flavour to these burgers with either rosemary or thyme or some finely chopped red onion.
- Serve the burgers with sweet potato fries and/or Mexican coleslaw or Sweetcorn Salsa.
- You can cook these burgers on the BBQ for about 4-5 minutes each side.
- If you are going to freeze these burgers, then freeze the when they are still raw and defrost thoroughly before cooking.
Serving: 1burger (inc. bun; no toppings) | Calories: 442kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 79mg | Sodium: 355mg | Potassium: 438mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 125IU | Vitamin C: 5.9mg | Calcium: 157mg | Iron: 2.7mg