Chocolate Bread Pudding
We took a classic bread pudding and put a lighter spin on it by sweetening it with just a little honey, using brown seeded bread and then we added some dark chocolate chunks. Because, why not!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time40 mins
Chilling time1 hr
Total Time50 mins
Servings: 6 people
- 8 slice brown bread
- 300 ml Arla Lactofree skimmed milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp honey
- 50 g vegan dark chocolate
- 0.5 tsp ground cinnamon
Tear the bread and put it in to a baking dish.
In a bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, honey, vanilla and cinnamon.
Pour the milk mixture over the bread and make sure everything is covered. Put in the fridge for at least an hour.
Take out of the fridge and sprinkle the chocolate chunks on top.
Bake in a preheated oven at 200C for 40 minutes.
- Stale bread is best to use, so this is a great recipe to reduce food waste.
- You can add so many different things to this dessert. Nuts and dried fruit work well.
- Want a flavoured bread pudding? Swap the vanilla extract for an orange or mint extract.
- Leftovers will keep in the fridge for about 3 days.
Serving: 1portion | Calories: 152kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 160mg | Potassium: 109mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 0.8% | Calcium: 4.6% | Iron: 6.1%