Slow Cooker Balsamic Chicken
This Balsamic Chicken is a fresh and light slow cooker dish that is perfect for a summer evening. Juicy tomatoes and chicken in an easy balsamic sauce.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time3 hrs
Total Time3 hrs 5 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 500 g chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 pinch sea salt and black pepper
- 1 medium red onion thinly sliced
- 6 tomatoes diced
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 8 basil leaves diced
- 60 ml balsamic vinegar
Put the sliced onion at the bottom of the slow cooker and then put the chicken breasts on top and then add the olive oil and season with the salt and pepper.
Add the tomatoes, garlic and basil and then pour the balsamic vinegar on top.
Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours.
- We serve the chicken breasts up whole, but you could shred them before serving and that would soak up a lot of the liquid too.
- We used skinless and boneless chicken breasts to make this dish, but you can use thighs or legs instead, but cooking times will vary.
- Either serve with with spaghetti, mashed potato, rice or on top of a green salad.
Serving: 1portion | Calories: 233kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 80mg | Sodium: 159mg | Potassium: 956mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 1615IU | Vitamin C: 29.3mg | Calcium: 38mg | Iron: 1.1mg