These Banana Pancakes are naturally sweetened with mashed banana and a little bit of honey for a lighter pancake breakfast.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 220 g wholewheat flour
- 350 ml skimmed milk (you can use almond milk too)
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 2 ripe banana mashed
- 1 tbsp honey
In a bowl, mash the banana.
Mix together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
Add the milk and egg to the banana.
Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients.
Slowly whisk together to form a batter.
Add a little butter to a pan, heat and add the pancake mixture. When bubbles start to form, flip the pancake over.
Cook for a further 30-60 seconds.
- Serve these pancakes with yoghurt, honey and banana slices.
- Add a little extra crunch to these pancakes with a sprinkle of granola.
- Make these pancakes lighter by swapping the flour for ground up oat flour, but it would make them more dense.
- Save yourself some time when making these by adding all the ingredients to a food processor and whizzing them up.
Serving: 2pancakes (no topping) | Calories: 306kcal | Carbohydrates: 64g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 42mg | Sodium: 348mg | Potassium: 941mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 275IU | Vitamin C: 5.1mg | Calcium: 304mg | Iron: 2.7mg