Start your day with a refreshing energy boosting smoothie and you will be ready to take on whatever the day throws at you. This apple and kale smoothie is a great way to give your diet a veggie boost too.
Prep Time2 mins
Total Time2 mins
Servings: 2 person
- 1 small green apple
- 1 banana
- 80 g kale leaves chopped
- 500 ml almond milk
- 1 lemon (juice only)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Make sure you use a high powered blender, as the kale is quite tough. If you don't have a high powered blender, then blend the kale with the almond milk first and then add the rest of the ingredients and continue blending.
- You can use any milk you like in this recipe.
- If you want a banana free smoothie, swap it for half an avocado.
- Remove the ribs and stems of the kale before adding it to the blender.
- Give the smoothie a stir before serving, as it can get a bit mottled.
- You can save yourself some time and make it the night before and store in an air tight container.
- Make a super cool smoothie by freezing the banana before using it.
- You can swap the kale for spinach or use a mixture of the two.
- Adding a little bit of lemon really gives it a lift.
- If you wanted to make it even sweeter (not that we think it needs it), then you could add a little bit of orange juice to it.
- Make it even cooler by serving it over ice.
- If you need even more of a pick me up from your smoothie, add some grated ginger to it. Only a little though, as a little goes a long way.
Serving: 1portion | Calories: 179kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 344mg | Potassium: 602mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 24g | Vitamin A: 4083IU | Vitamin C: 86mg | Calcium: 390mg | Iron: 1mg