Feta and Asparagus Frittata
Packed full of vegetables and super simple to make, this Feta and Asparagus Frittata makes a perfect breakfast or light lunch.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time35 mins
Servings: 6 people
- 8 eggs
- 4 tbsp light creme fraiche
- 60 g feta cheese
- 8 asparagus spears trimmed to fit your dish
- 50 g frozen peas
- 1 pinch sea salt and black pepper
Preheat your oven to 200°C/390°F/Gas 6. Chop the woody ends off the asparagus.
Whisk the eggs and creme fraiche together and season.
Grease an oven proof dish and add half the peas to the bottom, pour over the egg mixture, add the rest of the peas, asparagus and crumble the feta on top.
Cook in the oven for 30-35 minutes, until the eggs are cooked.
- You can add some chopped spinach to this for some extra green.
- Make this a more filling frittata by adding some slices of cooked potato.
- Keep it a light meal by serving with a big green salad.
- It will keep in the fridge in an air tight container for up to 3 days.
- Add extra flavour by sprinkling with fresh chopped basil just before serving.
- Make individual versions of this by cooking in a grease muffin tin.
Serving: 1portion | Calories: 124kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 231mg | Sodium: 209mg | Potassium: 162mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 634IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 98mg | Iron: 2mg