Beetroot and Goats Cheese Salad
A delicious and light beetroot and goats cheese salad that should feature at every BBQ and picnic.
Prep Time5 mins
Total Time5 mins
Servings: 2 people
- 100 g salad leaves
- 100 g beetroot (ready cooked), chopped into chunks
- 30 g goats cheese crumbled
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 0.5 lemon (juice only)
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 pinch sea salt and black pepper
- 30 g walnuts broken into pieces
Make the salad dressing by combining the oil, balsamic, lemon juice, mustard and salt and pepper. Place the salad leaves in a large bowl and add the dressing. Mix well so that all the leaves are coated.
Top with the beetroot...
... Goats cheese...
... and walnuts.
- If you don't want to have purple hands for the rest of the day, then wear gloves when chopping the beetroot.
- You can swap the walnuts for pecans or cashews and use feta instead of a goats cheese log if you prefer.
- Some cooked chickpeas give this salad a little protein boost.
- We used ready cooked beetroot, but you can roast chunks of peeled beetroot with some olive oil for 40 minutes until softened.
- Take this salad to the next level by adding a drizzle of honey over the finished salad.
Serving: 1portion | Calories: 274kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 159mg | Potassium: 369mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 725IU | Vitamin C: 28.4mg | Calcium: 57mg | Iron: 1.7mg