Breakfast Hash is the perfect dish for a lazy Sunday morning, when you have a little more time and want something really hearty and filling.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time45 mins
Total Time50 mins
Servings: 2 people
- 2 eggs
- 1 large potato cubed
- 1 onion diced
- 3 rashers bacon (leave out if you want to keep it a vegetarian dish)
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 Roasted red peppers diced
- 1 clove garlic
Put the potatoes on a baking tray with the olive oil and salt and pepper and mix well. Put in a preheated oven at 200C/390F/Gas 6 and bake for 35-40 minutes, until crispy.
Put a little oil to a large frying pan (that is suitable for the oven too) and add the onion, red pepper and bacon and cook on low for 5 minutes.
Add the cooked potatoes, garlic and paprika and stir.
Make two spaces in the potato mixture and crack in the eggs.
Put the frying pan in the oven for 10 minutes, until the egg whites are cooked, but the yolks are still runny. Serve with avocado and sourdough bread.
- If you want to make this vegetarian, simply leave out the bacon or use a vegetarian alternative.
- Make sure you use the best quality eggs you can, as you will really notice the difference. We use Clarence Court eggs and you get that amazing golden yolk, which is great if you are serving this up to guests.
- Feel free to change up the seasonings that you use, and use your favourite spice blends like Mexican or Cajun.
- This doesn't just have to be a breakfast recipe, it can be eaten for lunch or dinner too.
- If you wanted to save yourself some time, then you could fry these potatoes in a little oil before frying the onion mixture. Just make sure they are chopped small, and cooked on low.
- You could swap onion for shallots or leek for a sweeter flavour.
- Make this even more indulgent with a sprinkling or Parmesan or mozzarella just before serving.
- Garnish with chopped spring onions and some parsley.
Serving: 1portion | Calories: 249kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 164mg | Sodium: 137mg | Potassium: 790mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 3410IU | Vitamin C: 28.3mg | Calcium: 110mg | Iron: 6.2mg