Easy Chicken Enchiladas
Mouthwatering shredded chicken in a rich spicy sauce make up the filling for these Chicken Enchiladas. An authentic slow cooked Mexican dish.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time35 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 300 g chicken breasts diced
- 300 g homemade enchilada sauce (or store bought)
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper sliced
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 8 mini flour tortillas
- 80 g mature cheddar cheese grated
- fresh coriander (cilantro) to serve (chopped)
Put some oil in a pan and add the chicken, onions and pepper and cook for 5-8 minutes minutes, stirring often.
Stir in half the enchilada sauce. and cook for a further 2 minutes.
Take a tortilla, add some chicken and pepper mix and roll up and put in a dish. Repeat with all the tortillas.
Pour the other half of the sauce over the rolled tortillas and then sprinkle over the cheese.
Bake at 200C for 20 minutes, until the cheese starts to brown. Sprinkle with coriander before serving.
- Cover the pan in foil before putting it in the oven, as this will keep the chicken nice and moist.
- You could serve these easy chicken enchiladas with a big green salad.
- We used cheddar on top of ours, but you could use a mixture of shredded cheeses that melt well.
- Feel free to swap the chicken out for shredded beef, prawns or even just extra vegetables.
- Add some extra greens by stirring in some shredded spinach or kale.
Serving: 2enchiladas | Calories: 448kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 69mg | Sodium: 1437mg | Potassium: 452mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 1765IU | Vitamin C: 66mg | Calcium: 321mg | Iron: 3mg