This Strawberry Puree recipe is quick, easy, fresh and healthy and it's uses are so versatile - from baby food to drinks to cheesecake, or for baking muffins, cakes or a whole bunch of dessert fillings.
Prep Time2 mins
Cook Time8 mins
Cooling time30 mins
Total Time10 mins
Servings: 4 people
Hull the strawberries then cut them into small chunks and then add them to a pan and heat on high for 3 minutes.
Using a potato masher or a fork, mash the strawberries until they turn a jam (jelly) consistency.
Cook on low for 5 minutes and then transfer to a bowl to cool. It will have some liquid in the bowl, but it will set after it has been left to cool.
- You can use frozen strawberries, but make sure they are fully defrosted first.
- You could blend other fruits in to this like peach or raspberries.
- You can add honey (not for babies) or maple syrup if you want it sweeter.
- If you don't like the strawberry seeds, then pour it through a fine mesh sieve.
- You can freeze this puree in an ice cube tray and the store the cubes in a freezer bag.
Serving: 1portion | Calories: 16kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Potassium: 76mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin C: 29.4mg | Calcium: 8mg | Iron: 0.2mg