Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken
Recipes do not come much more simple than this 2 ingredients Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken Serve with rice or in tacos or on nachos. This easy Mexican chicken is so versatile.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time4 hrs
Total Time4 hrs 5 mins
Servings: 4 people
Place the chicken and salsa into the slow cooker bowl.
Mix well so that the chicken is covered. Close the lid and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6 hours.
Using two forks, shred the chicken. Mix the shredded chicken well with the liquid in the slow cooker bowl before serving.
- Spray the bowl of your slow cooker with a little oil. This makes the clean up a little bit easier, without having to use a slow cooker liner.
- Cooking times will vary depending on your slow cooker and the size of the chicken breasts that you are using. So always make sure that the chicken breasts are cooked through before serving.
- You can leave the chicken breasts whole rather than shredded and then melt some cheese on them 10 minutes before serving.
- You could use chicken thighs rather than breasts.
- This freezes really well and you can even freeze it before cooking for an easy prepared ahead of time meal.
Serving: 1portion | Calories: 200kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 96mg | Sodium: 879mg | Potassium: 840mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 525IU | Vitamin C: 3.7mg | Calcium: 38mg | Iron: 1mg